Head of Library Services - Term Time Plus (September 2019)
- Lady Eleanor Holles
- £27,813 - £35,958
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, well-qualified and committed Head of Library Services to join our friendly, diverse and academically successful community at Lady Eleanor Holles School from September 2019.
Here at LEH we are firm believers that our Learning Resource Centre (LRC), Sixth Form Library and Junior School Library are at the heart of the school, and therefore require a Head of Library Services who will be integral in supporting and fostering a love of learning through academic and extra-curricular activities.
The successful candidate will be able to develop a vision and implement a strategy for the three libraries which reflects the educational philosophy of the school. In additionally, they will contribute to curriculum and personal development by liaising with all departments, as well as with individual members of the teaching staff, to support pupils with study and life skills.
LEH is a thriving school, situated on the outskirts of London, on a 24-acre site with excellent facilities. It is a great place to work, with a positive atmosphere, supportive colleagues, well-behaved students and bespoke CPD.
The school has its own attractive pay and benefits structure. Some of our most popular benefits are listed below:
• Teachers' Pension Scheme for teaching staff and membership of LEH Group Pension Scheme (with life assurance) for non-teaching staff
• Free lunches, tea and coffee
• Generous occupational sick pay scheme
• 'Care First' Employee Assistance Programme
• Occupational Health Service
• Learning and development opportunities, including financial support for postgraduate study
• Christmas closure
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free car parking on site
• Library facilities open to all
• Use of 25-metre swimming pool at specified times
• Staff receive free or reduced price tickets to attend the excellent school drama and music productions
• School fee reductions for LEH; the school also has an arrangement for fee reduction at Hampton Boys' School
• The school offers a rent or mortgage allowance subsidy for new permanent teaching/non-teaching staff who are at the start of their careers or relocate to the area in order to take up the post
An application pack is available from the school’s website by clicking here. Applications must be made on the school’s own form, together with a covering letter or supporting statement, and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is noon on Thursday, 16th May 2019.
CVs will not be considered and should not be submitted.
The Lady Eleanor Holles School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of HMC in the UK and Ireland can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.